Data Scientist / Consultant [Remote]
Job ID: DSC20230527
Number of openings: 2
Pay range: $70 – $130 an hour
Posted on May 27, 2023
The ideal candidate’s favorite words are learning, data, scale, teaching, mentoring and agility. You will leverage your strong collaboration and communication skills and ability to extract valuable insights from highly complex datasets to develop a future workforce in the field of data science and machine learning.
Remember, this is a job-ready immersive program, and your role will be vital to leave an impact on the career of our aspiring learners. We encourage you to read about the program before you apply [Data Science Bootcamp — Immersive program]
- You must have a strong ability to analyze raw data: You will be working with a team of passionate individuals and aspiring learners coming from different domains, so you must be ready to answer their questions and help them learn the ability to transform raw data into a form where they can get the actionable insights for data-driven business strategies.
- Your role is important as you will tell and link stories from your own work to inspire them to learn and keep their morale high in this immersive program. You will transfer your skills in designing accurate and scalable prediction algorithms to your aspiring learners. It is super exciting to see them learn and your passion will be the key!
- Generate actionable insights for business improvements [you will supervise several capstone projects, sometimes as many as you have the participants. Get ready to inspire!]
- Collaborate with a team of aspiring individuals to create reports and present them to the client for successful bidding. [It is a high-paced immersive program and we invite our industry partners and potential investors to showcase capstone projects, it’s time for you and your learners to shine]
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (Data Science, Physics, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, etc.)
- Proven track record of creating custom data science solutions.
- 3 – 5 years of industry experience.
- 1 – 2 years of teaching or mentoring experience in the relevant field is a BIG plus.
- Understanding of predictive modeling, business machine-learning, clustering and classification techniques, and other related algorithms.
- Practical knowledge of time-series data and appropriate predictive solutions
- Practical knowledge of neural networks [how they are useful for day-to-day business]
- Practical knowledge of working with the text data [most of the students opt to work with text data for their capstone projects, so you will also learn a lot]
- Fluency in a programming language (Python, SQL)
- Fluency in data science packages in the Python ecosystem (numpy, pandas, matplotlib, scikit-learn, TensorFlow, etc.)
- Hands-on with visualization tools (Plotly, Dash, Tableau, PowerBI, etc.)
How to apply:
Please send us your ONE-PAGE resume at “firstname.lastname@example.org”. Only add the job ID in the subject of your email (MUST).
Note: This position will remain open until filled; however, the review of applicants will be on a weekly basis.